Should You Hire A Commercial Interior Designer?
When you are thinking about re-doing a space or creating a brand new one from scratch, it’s easy to want to jump the gun and get on the phone with an interior designer right away. But, have you considered whether or not hiring an interior designer is the best route to go? In this post, we explore the pros and cons of hiring a commerical interior designer.
What Is An Interior Designer?
First things first– let’s cover who interior designers are and what they do. According to Architectural Digest, interior designers help clients to realize what they want to see in a space while using design to enhance the human experience. Their first priority is to understand the values and needs of the client so that they can incorporate those elements into deliverables such as sketches, mood boards, renderings, and more. Ultimately, an interior designer helps to maximize functionality, the use of the space, and its aesthetics.
Benefits Of Hiring An Interior Designer
So, you may be thinking, “Why should I hire a designer?” Well, according to House Of Form, there are several benefits to hiring an interior designer:
- Save Time
- Designers have the expertise (and experience) to know how to optimize your space to its fullest potential
- Designers can find décor and furniture you’ve never seen
- You’ll end up with a space that is truly unique and tailored to your brand
- You’re less likely to make expensive mistakes
Are There Any Downsides to Hiring A Commercial Interior Designer?
As with any other business decision, there are always tradeoffs when taking a certain course of action, like hiring a commercial interior designer. The first that comes to mind is the cost. However, the additional cost it will add to your budget shouldn’t immediately be thought of as a “con”– it would be wise to consider if the price of hiring an interior designer is worth the value that it will create (a.k.a. return on investment).
Plus, committing to any business relationship via a contract always involves a certain amount of risk because there is a chance that things may not work out as expected. You will give up a certain amount of control in exchange for the expertise of interior design professionals, and learning to trust them and to collaborate with them in creating the best end product is just part of the process.
Tips For Hiring A Commercial Interior Designer
- If your project involves structural changes, make sure you are hiring an actual designer, not an interior “decorator”.
- Speak with several interior designers to find the best fit for your company and your specific project. Not all commercial interior designers are created equal– they have different experience, specializations, and modi operandi.
- Make a list of pros and cons between the different interior designers you speak with that includes more than just the price they quote you. A cheaper contract may lead to more headaches down the road if the interior designer’s communication or other qualities are lacking.
Local Commercial Interior Designers in Arizona
Since you’re already here, there’s a good possibility you might want to take the next steps and look into hiring an interior designer, so we’d like to save you some time and point you in the direction of some Arizona-based companies. Check them out below!
In the end, whether or not hiring a commercial interior designer is “worth it” will depend on your specific circumstances, but we hope this post has given you some tools to help you make the best decision for your business.
If you still aren’t sure if you should hire an interior designer or need help making the decision, Emerald Inc. is here to help. Reach out to us today to schedule a phone call or meeting where we can discuss how to best help out with your upcoming construction project– Email us or call us at 480-832-9808. We look forward to assisting you in creating a beautiful, functional space within your budget and timeline!