Traditional Design-Bid-Build construction suffers from many downsides:
- Delays due to redesigns and rebids
- Increased fees due to redrawing and repricing
- Increased tension between owner, contractor, and design team
- Risk of losing financing due to delays
- Permitting delays
- High risk of change orders
- Risk of exceeding budget
Design build solves most of these issues because we, as the general contractor, act as a single point of responsibility and the owner’s agent in order to coordinate the entire design-build team. This ensures a high level of communication and project schedule control.
Through design-build, we strive to solve as many development and design challenges as possible at the initial stage of a project. Emerald Inc. uses many years of experience and knowledge to provide accurate preliminary project costs, while carefully balancing design and budget for the optimal result. The Emerald design-build team analyzes the site and building programs, prepares conceptual design solutions, solidifies costs, and quantifies the project schedule from concept to delivery.
Here’s what to expect from Design-Build:
- Concurrent design and pricing
- Better anticipation of complexity
- Less conflict
- Better communication
- Less change orders & delays
- Faster delivery
- More Innovation
In other words, design-build is the most efficient process because multiple steps occur in parallel (see below), reducing completion time and project cost.